Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

between what it is and how it should be

First, let me start by an admission. When i thought about creating a blog, i wanted to start with the little bald guy on my shoulder that screams at my conscience to tell people how i really feel. This would have been a very bad idea. He represents the dark side of me. The mean, unsympathetic demon that combs through my mind like a heavy wrecking ball. Thanks to my beloved wife, we stopped that one. Next was to mimic the random status updates from facebook, that falls somewhat short of stand-up comedic dialog. The problem with that one is that it is usually a cover-up for the manic depressive monster inside. The ole "kill'em with laughter, and they wont see the monster" routine. This isn't to say that i wont show the silly creative side of me, that you all have come to... ignore.

A friend of mine posted a link for this blog on her facebook page last night, shortly after i created it. What followed was shocking to me. Several people posted comments about their own troubles, or of loved ones who they think suffer. Now the narcissistic side of me would love a cult following... a nation of millions following me like the Truman Show, but i am humbled and honored by the few that were touched. So now the purpose of this blog unfolds. The true lure of God's purpose to use me surfaces. If i can reach one person... touch one life... to stop the madness at a younger age then it took me. 40 years of chaos. 40 years of self defeating loss. 40 years of hiding the little guy atop my shoulder (which i was terrible at, by the way). Then i win!

So i spill my life to you. An epic change for me. What i spent a lifetime trying to hide from friends, family, and to all those dear to me, i give to you. The manic ups, the depressive downs, the twisted, the all of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment